Religiousdebate - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Religiousdebate > Topics

Subject: True Gospel
Replies: 49 Views: 2717

n1ck 25.09.08 - 09:00am
This is for everybody, Christian or non-Christian. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 09:07am
The Gospel message in the Bible is the one of the most misunderstood and poorly taught messages in the Bible - along with the book of Revelation. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 09:13am
.The Gospel message contained in the Bible is the most profound and important message in the Holy book, yet in recent years Christian teachers - especially in the last 50 years - have tried to simplifiy it to a simple story of Jesus Christ on the cross. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 09:14am
They have cut it down to the point that what is taught doesn't even scratch the surface of what the true message is. *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 09:18am
reading2.GIF *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 09:18am
I have posted links to a seminar by Pastor Paul Washer, which is delivered in 4 parts. You can find the links in the links section of this group.

The links will take you to a site where you can download the seminars in mp3 format free of charge. They are great to download and copy to CD for listening in the car. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 09:22am
If you cant find the links, here they are:

Part 1 http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=925072027214

Part 2 http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=925072042290

Part 3 http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=92507212590

Part 4 http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=925072112452 *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 09:23am
@n1ck can you please give a bit more information or brief description of whats contained in the mp3's as i m sure many dont have enough resources to download these files..

n1ck 25.09.08 - 09:34am
Please read the following passage of scripture. It will be mentioned in the seminars.

Romans 3:19-30

19- Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20- Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21- But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22- Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24- Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25- Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26- To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27- Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28- Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

29- Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

30- Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

31- Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 09:37am
If you dont understand the above scripture, the seminars will explain it far better than what I can. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 09:40am
Shadyct, it is far too immense and deep for me to explain in a few sentences.

Basically, if you have ever wondered who exactly Jesus Christ is, why He had to die, what the REAL message of the Gospel is, then the answers can be found in these seminars. Even if you think you already know, it is a must to listen to what this man has to say. It could change your life. It changed mine. *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 09:42am
Well few verse come to mind when looking at that section, pertaining to the law, Jesus and a few other things noted....

n1ck 25.09.08 - 09:45am
I do not count myself as the best teacher shadyct. I hope you will listen to the seminars to understand what is being taught. *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 09:46am
As i said will do n1ck but doubt he will sway much from the teaching of christianity unless he adds or subtracts from the doctrine....

n1ck 25.09.08 - 10:21am
Well thats the thing shadyct, much has been subtracted from the Gospel in recent years by teachers of the Bible. Paul Washer goes back to the Bible here and teaches exactly what the Bible says and what others have overlooked. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 10:24am
I must add here that Paul Washer is currently one of the most, if not the most respected Christian teacher in the world today. *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 11:27am
Well over centuries of time there has been many so called best teachers of christianity, I personally feel the best source is jesus (as) himself, you will find many answers and find a great deal of understanding..by doing a proper perusal of the bible.... *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 11:42am
Exactly. All that Paul Washer does is take people back to the Bible and show them what Jesus taught. You will see that Paul advises against the teaching of man and insists on using the words of Jesus for doctrine and reproof. *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 11:51am
Cool i know many people that can do the same thing the question is it can go either way, bigoted ofcourse.... *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 11:56am
Lol just listen to the seminars and tell me what you think shadyct *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 11:59am
lol i said i will.....

n1ck 26.09.08 - 10:41am
You guys and gals must please listen to part 3. This is the True Gospel as taught in the Bible and taught in the early years of Christianity. This is the True Gospel! *

shadyct 26.09.08 - 10:53am
@ n1ck when im done may i give you some links on christianity aswell .... *

n1ck 26.09.08 - 11:42am
Of course *

shadyct 26.09.08 - 01:26pm
They interesting thus far but paul sounds just as the same ol missionaries from the past...I even went as far a streaming some of his lectures....he sounds similar to a mr white i heard a while back... *

shadyct 26.09.08 - 01:27pm
Anyways im not done yet Ive only downloaded number one....

n1ck 26.09.08 - 07:18pm
Part 3 is the most important one. Everything will make sense once you have heard it. It can even be downloaded and listened to on its own. *

y2n 2.10.08 - 10:33pm
Paul Washer. He's pretty intense. I heard a couple of his sermons. The one were he asks the church to remember missionaries-how he had a gun pointed to his head twice. *

y2n 2.10.08 - 10:34pm
But I love Alan Cairn, Ian Paisley and Spurgeon. *

n1ck 3.10.08 - 06:01am
Hey y2n, good to see ya again! Yeah Paul is a pretty intense guy. He makes no compromises on the Word of God. He has spent most of his time preaching in the jungles of South America and Africa, and a lot also in Eastern Europe. Places where you can be killed for even looking like a Christian. *

n1ck 3.10.08 - 06:07am
In one of his sermons he speaks about a church that he either set up or was leading (I cant recall) in Eastern Europe. There was a woman in his congregation there whose young son was gunned down in the street. The boy was told by the attacker that he must deny Jesus Christ or die. The boy begged for his life with fear, but would not deny Jesus. He was shot in the stomach and left in a pool of blood. *

n1ck 3.10.08 - 06:10am
In another sermon he was talking about the places he used to preach in South America - in Peru. Paul and his colleague had to walk through jungles at night where terrorists were ever-present - places the Peru army wouldnt even go. He would walk through the jungles to get to the people He preached the Gospel to. *

n1ck 3.10.08 - 06:11am
The Christians are heavily persecuted there too. He says often people are rounded up and if they so much as find a Bible in your possession, you're shot and killed *

n1ck 3.10.08 - 06:16am
In the face of all this, Paul continues to do missionary work in the worst places imaginable, putting his life on the line to serve God. *

shadyct 6.10.08 - 09:38am
wave.GIF I had a nice listen to Paul washer, It was really interesting and I can pick up where christians dont really like his works...i liked the way he tried and make jesus (as) seem to be man but not man, if you get what Im saying....it was alrite to listen to though but not much difference to other missionaries context of works even though he does attack the authenticity of the bible in a way....on a personal note i picked up a few things that contradict the bible in what he says.... *

shadyct 6.10.08 - 09:39am
BUT will not comment on them.
My time on pro is almost over...so peace be with you N1ck.... *

n1ck 6.10.08 - 06:29pm
Yeah a lot of 'Christians' dont like teachers like Paul, because he doesnt sugar-coat the truth. He doesnt preach to make you feel good about yourself. He challenges you to examine yourself in light of the Bible, to see if you are really saved. False Christians who prefer to play church rather than truly give their life to God, will hate Paul's teachings. He cuts too close to the bone for their liking. *

n1ck 6.10.08 - 06:33pm
Shadyct, Im glad you had a listen bro. Why dont you tell us why you think Paul questions the authenticity of the Bible(this is certainly not true)? And which parts did you think contradict the Bible? Lets discuss them. *

y2n 6.10.08 - 06:39pm
Wussup guys. I came for the links. I'm going to try to listen to them sometime this week. Good to see you 2 brother n1ck. Even though things have slowed to the point of death on pro lately. *

shadyct 7.10.08 - 07:08am
N1ck i have no issue with the tactic he uses in the way he portrays his message i kind of liked the way he was straight to the point....secondly who is at fault here ALL the previous priests and pastors for not portraying the true Gospel or the Gospel itself.. *

shadyct 7.10.08 - 07:18am
Here is a few notes i took whlst listening to the sermon....1:Jesus died for God. 2) If God is Just he cannot forgive you, he has to sacrifice his son to forgive.... 3) GOD turned on his son and crushed him....4)Salvation only belongs to God. 5) he quickly skips speaking about the Diety of Jesus (as)...6)Man cannot give life away????? Only God....7)God had to put his WRATH on someone for salvation....8)and then there is the issue of the cup....please elaborate.... *

shadyct 7.10.08 - 07:18am
wave.GIF y2n *

y2n 10.10.08 - 10:29pm
wave.GIF Shadyct. I'm currently on sermon 3. Paul Washer is a passionate preacher. Its a bit depressing listening to him cause he reminds me that I'm really playing at being a christian. I prefer a softer message. *

y2n 10.10.08 - 10:32pm
Other preachers I like, like Creflo Dollar, talk about a God that blesses those who obey him. For example. God didn't save you just to leave you broke. Messages like, now is the time to receive your blessing. Brother Paul says, love God for God, even if tomorrow you lose both your legs, arms and eyes. Continue to love God for God. Thats a tough message.

n1ck 13.10.08 - 04:25pm
The thing is, what Paul Washer teaches is that everything is about God; the focus should always be on God. There are too many preachers out there focusing on men. God will give you this, God will give you that, God will heal you, God will make you rich etc. All they ever talk about is what God can do for man. As if God is there to grant our every whim. They use it like a sales pitch, to build their mega churches and get a bigger tv audience to fill their coffers. Joel Oesteen is a classic example. Paul teaches against this. *

shadyct 14.10.08 - 06:27am
But isnt that the fundamental belief of christianity, that is to believe in God alone....

n1ck 14.10.08 - 06:24pm
Yes shady, the whole focus is on God. God gets the glory for EVERYTHING. But some false teachers out there try to turn the church into a business, and instead of preaching the truth, they preach what they believe people want to hear. This brings more people through the doors and fills the money bags and thats why you see these preachers driving around in mercedes benz cars and living in lavish houses. Thats what I am talking about. *

shadyct 15.10.08 - 06:54am
I understand what you getting at n1ck, but fail to see exactly how jesus fits into the picture according to Paul

n1ck 17.10.08 - 02:34pm
What dont you understand shady? *

shadyct 20.10.08 - 07:30am
Its not what i dont understand its the whole concept, it doesnt add up, I gave you a few things on the previous page to clarify for me....

* Religiousdebate Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Religiousdebate

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits